Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Publishing the whole truth
- Go see your MP
- Does the charity sector have a publication bias problem?
- Moneyball Philanthropy? Not Always
- Don’t Die of Ignorance
- Making charities’ research more findable and useful
- Giving Evidence’s mission and work
- Assessing Funders’ Performance: Five Easy Tools
- Easy ways for philanthropic donors to see if they’re doing well
- Philanthropy in transition
- Are we relying on unreliable research?
- Assessing impact needs a reliable comparison group
Category Archives: Promoting giving
Answer: In a way that aligns the advisor’s incentives with those of the beneficiary. But which way does that? Along with many others, I’m often asked to advise donors about finding good charities to support and/or strategies to make their … Continue reading
Despite my giving £200 to Cancer Research UK through JustGiving when a friend did a sponsored something, I never heard a bean from Cancer Research UK about it. A year later, I gave £100 to another charity when another friend did … Continue reading
When did you last hear of a charity that was rubbish? By some estimates, fully 60% of donations are made with no research into the charity’s performance. Whereas about 0% of commercial investments are made with no research into the … Continue reading