Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Donors don’t care much about impact! (say the data)
- Enabling Make Better Decisions: Meta-Research to the Rescue!
- Charities should do much less evaluation
- How do you make people give more? Research in the US has some surprising messages
- Charities should do fewer evaluations; those few can be better
- Give Your Best, this Giving Tuesday
- Lessons during the decade since the Asian tsunami
- What constitutes good evidence?
- Getting people to give better
- Caroline Fiennes: best philanthropy advisor
- Listening to those we seek to help
- Publishing the whole truth
Category Archives: Promoting giving
Answer: In a way that aligns the advisor’s incentives with those of the beneficiary. But which way does that? Along with many others, I’m often asked to advise donors about finding good charities to support and/or strategies to make their … Continue reading
Despite my giving £200 to Cancer Research UK through JustGiving when a friend did a sponsored something, I never heard a bean from Cancer Research UK about it. A year later, I gave £100 to another charity when another friend did … Continue reading
When did you last hear of a charity that was rubbish? By some estimates, fully 60% of donations are made with no research into the charity’s performance. Whereas about 0% of commercial investments are made with no research into the … Continue reading