Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Most Charities Shouldn’t Evaluate Their Work: Part Two: Who should measure what?
- Most Charities Shouldn’t Evaluate Their Work: Part One Why not?
- Getting Better: Improving Education By Learning from Evidence-Based Medicine
- Good charities spend more on administration than less good charities spend
- What the First Social Impact Bond Won’t Tell Us
- Happy birthday, book!
- Free for you: Insight on what works
- Bad Book: Why Philanthropy Matters
- Interesting snippets
- What is decent evidence?
- What was it about 2003?
- Don’t ask “what’s the impact of this charity?”
Tag Archives: giving circles
Avoidable waste from foundations’ reporting processes is ~£100m every year, enough to fund the whole of Barnardo’s or the British Red Cross. Another ~£150-250m is wasted in reporting to public sector funders, plus there’s plenty of avoidable waste in application … Continue reading
Language shapes how we think. No clear language: no clear thinking What is this thing that we do? “Deploying money, time and other resources to achieve positive social and environmental change”. A snappy phrase, don’t you think?? I’ve been talking … Continue reading