Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Getting Better: Improving Education By Learning from Evidence-Based Medicine
- Good charities spend more on administration than less good charities spend
- What the First Social Impact Bond Won’t Tell Us
- Happy birthday, book!
- Free for you: Insight on what works
- Bad Book: Why Philanthropy Matters
- Interesting snippets
- What is decent evidence?
- What was it about 2003?
- Don’t ask “what’s the impact of this charity?”
- Whats the point of corporate philanthropy?
- Why ‘What’s Our Impact?’ is the Wrong Question
Tag Archives: NatWest
This article first appeared on The Guardian’s Voluntary Sector Network. Do you play the National Lottery? Why ever not, given that you could win a few million pounds which I dare say you’d find pretty handy? Probably because the odds … Continue reading
NatWest’s Community Force programme creates huge amounts of waste for charities and doesn’t even reward merit. It’s the worst programme for giving money to charity I’ve ever seen. Here are the larger of my concerns about it: It’s massively wasteful NatWest has … Continue reading