Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Don’t wish for a giving culture like the US
- Kids Company shows a general problem
- Non-publication of charities’ research: groundbreaking new project!
- Donors don’t care much about impact! (say the data)
- Enabling Make Better Decisions: Meta-Research to the Rescue!
- Charities should do much less evaluation
- How do you make people give more? Research in the US has some surprising messages
- Charities should do fewer evaluations; those few can be better
- Give Your Best, this Giving Tuesday
- Lessons during the decade since the Asian tsunami
- What constitutes good evidence?
- Getting people to give better
- Admin costs (9)
- Analysing giving (6)
- Books (7)
- Corporate philanthropy (6)
- Donor behaviour & giving stats (18)
- Effective giving (34)
- Fundraising (16)
- Great charities (15)
- Impact & evaluation (40)
- Mergers (2)
- meta-research (1)
- Promoting giving (4)
- Tax and governance (7)
- transparency (1)
- Uncategorized (50)
Tag Archives: new donors
Getting more people to give to charity = getting people to change their behaviour. That is, it’s a marketing job. The same as getting you to buy Coke rather than Pepsi, or to buy stilton outside Christmas, to buy a … Continue reading
A segmentation based on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is helpful in showing who gives, who doesn’t, and how to get more people giving more substantially and more often. This paper describes the segmentation, gives the data about giving behaviour and recommendations of … Continue reading