Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- A welcome public row about donor effectiveness
- Is grantee / beneficiary feedback a substitute for RCTs?
- Do gongs from HM Queen make any difference?
- Why I support AllTrials & suggest that you do too
- Helping mainstream donors to give better
- The key barriers to strategic philanthropy are practical
- Behavioural insights are rocket-fuel for charities
- Charities should get good at research uptake
- Systematic review of evidence to inform funding practice: outdoor learning
- Don’t wish for a giving culture like the US
- Kids Company shows a general problem
- Non-publication of charities’ research: groundbreaking new project!
- Admin costs (9)
- Analysing giving (6)
- Books (7)
- Corporate philanthropy (6)
- Donor behaviour & giving stats (18)
- Effective giving (39)
- Fundraising (17)
- Great charities (16)
- Impact & evaluation (45)
- Mergers (2)
- meta-research (2)
- Promoting giving (4)
- Tax and governance (7)
- transparency (1)
- Uncategorized (55)
Tag Archives: new donors
Getting more people to give to charity = getting people to change their behaviour. That is, it’s a marketing job. The same as getting you to buy Coke rather than Pepsi, or to buy stilton outside Christmas, to buy a … Continue reading
A segmentation based on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is helpful in showing who gives, who doesn’t, and how to get more people giving more substantially and more often. This paper describes the segmentation, gives the data about giving behaviour and recommendations of … Continue reading