Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Effective campaigning, dark matter and Stephen Lloyd
- TV coverage of charity effectiveness and impact evaluations
- Measuring long-term outcomes: new plan!
- How come this foundation’s grantees love its reporting process so much?
- Some grant decisions should be made at random(!)
- Deworming: problems under re-analysis
- What to when when you’re badly treated by a funder?
- A welcome public row about donor effectiveness
- Is grantee / beneficiary feedback a substitute for RCTs?
- Do gongs from HM Queen make any difference?
- Why I support AllTrials & suggest that you do too
- Helping mainstream donors to give better
- Admin costs (9)
- Analysing giving (6)
- Books (7)
- Corporate philanthropy (6)
- Donor behaviour & giving stats (19)
- Effective giving (41)
- Fundraising (17)
- Great charities (17)
- Impact & evaluation (49)
- Mergers (2)
- meta-research (4)
- Promoting giving (4)
- Tax and governance (7)
- transparency (2)
- Uncategorized (57)
Tag Archives: new donors
Getting more people to give to charity = getting people to change their behaviour. That is, it’s a marketing job. The same as getting you to buy Coke rather than Pepsi, or to buy stilton outside Christmas, to buy a … Continue reading
A segmentation based on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is helpful in showing who gives, who doesn’t, and how to get more people giving more substantially and more often. This paper describes the segmentation, gives the data about giving behaviour and recommendations of … Continue reading