Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Most Charities Shouldn’t Evaluate Their Work: Part Two: Who should measure what?
- Most Charities Shouldn’t Evaluate Their Work: Part One Why not?
- Getting Better: Improving Education By Learning from Evidence-Based Medicine
- Good charities spend more on administration than less good charities spend
- What the First Social Impact Bond Won’t Tell Us
- Happy birthday, book!
- Free for you: Insight on what works
- Bad Book: Why Philanthropy Matters
- Interesting snippets
- What is decent evidence?
- What was it about 2003?
- Don’t ask “what’s the impact of this charity?”
Tag Archives: philanthropist
In the current row about charities and tax, it’s worth being clear about what is known and what isn’t. Here’s the relevant evidence we’ve encountered. Income Total income of UK charities £37bn Source:NCVO Almanac Income of UK charities from individuals … Continue reading
Charities are furious about the government’s proposal to give them less money via the tax system. Well, they would be, wouldn’t they? Hence they’re campaigning frantically to block the proposal. But people interested in effectiveness and impact – and who … Continue reading