Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Breaking the hunger cycle for the price of a bus ticket
- Why are there so many charities?
- Don’t spread the love with your Christmas charity giving
- How we could can impact measurement more useful
- What makes philanthropy succeed? – potentially revealing analysis
- When charitable donations cost more than they give
- Creating a sector-wide research agenda: Industrial Farm Animal Production
- What is evidence-based giving and why does it matter?
- Avoiding waste in medical research
- What would have happened otherwise?
- The evidence system in the mental health charity sector
- Why do so few charities have their meetings in public?
- Admin costs (9)
- Analysing giving (8)
- Books (7)
- Corporate philanthropy (6)
- Donor behaviour & giving stats (23)
- Effective giving (53)
- Fundraising (18)
- Great charities (19)
- Impact & evaluation (60)
- Mergers (2)
- meta-research (6)
- Promoting giving (5)
- Tax and governance (7)
- transparency (2)
- Uncategorized (68)
Tag Archives: effective giving
Caroline Fiennes was one of 11 leaders interviewed by The Guardian for the Philanthropy in Transition series. A new generation of donors wants impact and engagement Out of the dot.com boom came a new breed of donors for whom good … Continue reading
This article was first published by the Skoll World Forum and the Society of Impact Assessment Analysts Since there are so many ways that charities and funders can use their finite resources, they must make choices: choices between competing goals (reduce … Continue reading
Writing and publishing a book which should improve charitable giving I figured made me a social entrepreneur. I needed money – all that editing and design doesn’t come cheap – so I approached UnLtd, the fund for social entrepreneurs set … Continue reading
Partnering to create value Interested in fostering innovation, Eurostar has teamed up with the Ashden Awards for Sustainable Energy to create a new prize for local sustainable transport initiatives. In principle, Eurostar could have created an infrastructure of its own – … Continue reading