Special offer! Book at £5 during April to mark its 5th birthday! Click on the picture:
- Help the homeless — don’t give them spare change
- What is evidence-based philanthropy?
- Breaking the hunger cycle for the price of a bus ticket
- Why are there so many charities?
- Don’t spread the love with your Christmas charity giving
- How we could can impact measurement more useful
- What makes philanthropy succeed? – potentially revealing analysis
- When charitable donations cost more than they give
- Creating a sector-wide research agenda: Industrial Farm Animal Production
- What is evidence-based giving and why does it matter?
- Avoiding waste in medical research
- What would have happened otherwise?
- Admin costs (9)
- Analysing giving (8)
- Books (7)
- Corporate philanthropy (6)
- Donor behaviour & giving stats (24)
- Effective giving (54)
- Fundraising (18)
- Great charities (19)
- Impact & evaluation (60)
- Mergers (2)
- meta-research (6)
- Promoting giving (5)
- Tax and governance (7)
- transparency (2)
- Uncategorized (69)
Tag Archives: esmee fairbairn foundation
This article first appeared in Third Sector magazine. Esmee Fairbairn Foundation (a large UK grant-making foundation) has launched a fund to encourage mergers. It’s ironic, because Esmee’s own rules penalise them Fairness, presumably, is behind the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation’s rule that it … Continue reading