Discount on acclaimed new book about giving!
- Breaking the hunger cycle for the price of a bus ticket
- Why are there so many charities?
- Don’t spread the love with your Christmas charity giving
- How we could can impact measurement more useful
- What makes philanthropy succeed? – potentially revealing analysis
- When charitable donations cost more than they give
- Creating a sector-wide research agenda: Industrial Farm Animal Production
- What is evidence-based giving and why does it matter?
- Avoiding waste in medical research
- What would have happened otherwise?
- The evidence system in the mental health charity sector
- Why do so few charities have their meetings in public?
- Admin costs (9)
- Analysing giving (8)
- Books (7)
- Corporate philanthropy (6)
- Donor behaviour & giving stats (23)
- Effective giving (53)
- Fundraising (18)
- Great charities (19)
- Impact & evaluation (60)
- Mergers (2)
- meta-research (6)
- Promoting giving (5)
- Tax and governance (7)
- transparency (2)
- Uncategorized (68)
Tag Archives: new donors
Getting more people to give to charity = getting people to change their behaviour. That is, it’s a marketing job. The same as getting you to buy Coke rather than Pepsi, or to buy stilton outside Christmas, to buy a … Continue reading
A segmentation based on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is helpful in showing who gives, who doesn’t, and how to get more people giving more substantially and more often. This paper describes the segmentation, gives the data about giving behaviour and recommendations of … Continue reading